Panel Discussion March 28th, 2018 5:00 – 8:00 PM at CUNY School of Law 2 Court Square W, LIC, NY 11101. See flyer for registration information: flyer-rohingya-FINAL
FINAL Info Sessions for Summer 2018 Study Abroad in China
Come and learn about an inexpensive way to travel and study in China! If you need financial aid, student loans, and scholarships, it is important for you to attend this info session early so that you can start preparing.
Several of our courses satisfy Pathways requirements.
Information sessions will be held in 3439 Boylan Hall, on the following days:
* Thursday, Feb 22: 12:30 – 1:30 pm; & 5:30-6:00 pm
* Friday, Feb 23: 12:30 – 1:30 pm
* Monday, Feb 26: 12:30 – 1:30 pm; & 5:30-6:00 pm
* Tuesday, Feb 27: 12:30 – 1:35 pm; & 5:30-6:00 pm
* Wednesday, Feb 28: 12:30 – 1:30 pm; & 5:30-6:00 pm
We welcome students from any campus in the U.S., so please help spread the word.
Summer 2018 Study Abroad in China:
Dates (tentative): May 28-June 18, 2018
* Travel and Study Program, for all, to five famous Chinese cities: Beijing, Xi’an, Nanjing, Suzhou & Shanghai
* Help organize side trips to additional renowned cities: Hong Kong, Yangzhou & Yellow Mountain
Check the program’s website (photos, comments, FAQ’s, etc.) for details at:
Students may choose 1-2 courses from the following:
* ARTD 1035: Development of the Silk Road (Fulfills Pathways Requirement)
* ARTD 3108: Art of Ancient China
* BUSN 3175: Asian Business
* CHEM 1012: Chemistry in the Arts & Archeology (Fulfills Pathways Requirement)
* CHIN 2110 : Classical Culture of China (Fulfills Pathways Requirement)
* CHINESE Levels 1-3: CHIN 1010; CHIN 1020; CHIN 1030
* CHIN 2024: Advanced Chinese Language Skills
* HIST 3005: The Shaping of the Modern World (Fulfills Pathways Requirement)
* HIST 3534: Revolutionary China
* PHIL 3722: Asian Philosophy
* SPEC 1619: Intercultural Communication (Fulfills Pathways Requirement)
* SPEC 2623: Business & Professional Communication (cross-cultural perspectives)
* TVRA 3871: Elements of TV Field Production
* Special Topics Course for Graduate Students
* All courses are taught by Brooklyn College faculty, for CUNY-BC credit
* Group travel and on-site learning in 5 most famous and beautiful Chinese cities
* Field trips to many sites of historical and cultural importance (e.g., Tiananmen Square, the Great Wall, Imperial Palace, Forbidden City, TerraCotta Warriors, Ancient City Walls, Buddhist Temples, Jewish Synagogue, Mosques, Classical Chinese Gardens, Silk Museum, Cloisonné Art, the Bund, Shanghai Pudong Financial District and China’s Wall Street, etc.)
* Visit Chinese campuses and make friends with Chinese students
* Experience Chinese culture, interact with local people, have a real feel of Chinese life
* Travel and sightseeing are arranged by professional travel agencies
Estimated Program Fee: only $3,430, which includes:
* Round-trip international tickets (NYC to Beijing; Shanghai to NYC)
* Transportation within and between the Chinese cities
* Nice hotels in all the cities in China
* Admission tickets to the scenic spots
* International travel insurance
1. CUNY undergraduate and graduate, and
2. Students from any other colleges in the U.S.
Scholarships and financial aid are available for qualified students.
Application Deadline: March 27, 2018 (first come first served)
For more information about the program,
1. Visit the program website: http://depthome.brooklyn.cuny.edu/bc-china/index.html
2. E-mail Professor Lu at CUNYinChina@brooklyn.cuny.edu
3. Call 718-951-5225 (ask for Ms. Sonia Garrick)
Each year our program publishes the Journal of International Affairs, focusing on a current issue in global politics. This is an opportunity to get your work in print and contribute to scholarly dialogue. This year’s theme is Borders and Nationalism – any article connected to those issues is encouraged. We also invite articles about your own activism, experience, and studies in the past year.
Please see flyer for information about submissions: JIA Flyer 2017-18
The Professional Development Fund is an opportunity for graduate student to receive funding support for research and conference presentations.
Please see flyer for details: Professional Development Fund S18.